Saturday, October 15, 2016

Russia, Syria, and Hillary Clinton

Those who follow me on Twitter know that as of this morning I have decided to endorse Donald Trump, or at least his ticket. With all of the uproar, there is still the possibility that he will be replaced by Governor Pence. Nevertheless, I am voting GOP.

As my readers know, I have numerous suspicions and concerns about Trump. I have also watched as Russia has jumped into this election like nothing I have ever seen in my life. Ordinarily when the Russians interfere it is covert. This time all the stops are being pulled out, and it took me a long time to understand why. 

Between all of the WikiLeaks dumps, and the speeches I have heard Vladimir Putin make in recent months, and actions he has taken, I was getting extremely nervous. I felt like I was in the middle of a cattle drive. Why was Russia pushing our election so damned hard? Putin is not a stupid man, and he is certainly not suicidal. So why all of the sabre-rattling? Then I began hearing people in Congress calling for "no-fly" zones in Syria, and all I could think was "Cuban Missile Crisis" (see my previous posts). 

Last night, after a conversation with one of my "followers", I had some time to sit in total quiet and think. As I mulled over what he and I discussed, suddenly a line from last week's debate popped into my head. I remember thinking it was the funniest moment in the debate. In fact, I tweeted, "Joke of the Debate: Hillary Clinton 'took on' Vladimir Putin. I am sure he was shaking in his KGB boots."

And then it hit me. Putin used what is known as a "back channel" to tell America we would go to war if Hillary Clinton is elected. I thought, "Really? She is not that stupid." Oh, yes she is. Clinton is positively delusional, and her history of regime change is well-established. If she is elected she will go after Assad and, unlike Barry, Putin does not move his "red lines". 

So, it is with great reluctance but with the assurance that it is the right thing to do that I am voting the GOP ticket.

May God be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Only True Way to End Racism